There isn't time
There isn’t time
for fear in war. You
just react
but what do I know
never having fought
fairly
just unjustly
like when I leaned heavily
onto my brother with fists
and words.
We are bodies
pawns to minds
ours, others,
sometimes we go along
sometimes our backs ache
like we’re straining against the load
was that my command
that this body dislikes?
Who disrupts the flow?
Whose voice do I hear
echoing in my ear
like some football coach headset
but on the inside?
It must be mine
or God’s or some demon’s
or Coca-Cola or Miles Davis’ trumpet line
or was that Coltrane? A Love Supreme.
It’s common
knowledge we learn all our lives
isn’t the same
as wisdom; we don’t know
what we don’t know
most of the time
like how my heart doesn’t beat
with time
with your time
anymore
not because
it’s just
because
our time
timing wasn’t right
just like a stutter
our time
timing wasn’t right.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, and thank you